Dear Members and Athletes,
Due to the postponements of the 2022 Oceania Championships a new and adjusted nomination criteria for Commonwealth Games will be submitted to Commonwealth Games Australia for approval.
The process and plan has been submitted for legal approval as a formality and will be finalised next week.
In the meantime we would like you to continue with your preparations therefore have listed a summary of the key events or items for the new nomination process for you to preview.
- A training camp will be conducted at the Australian Institute of Sport from the 23rd to the 28th of April.
2022 National Championships
- Attendance is required at the 2022 National Championships on the 15th May at the Australian Institute of Sport
- A training camp will be conducted at the Australian Institute of Sport from the 16th to the 20th of May.
Commonwealth Games (summary)
- Assessment of Performance at 2022 National Championships.
- Assessment of performance at your Institute of Sport within your state from March to May (Strength & Conditioning)
- Assessment of Performance at Wrestling Camp in Canberra, A.I.S in April and May.
- Only 6 x Athletes in total can be selected for Commonwealth Games Qualification.
This is a summary only and does not detail all conditions. The full criteria will be released next week once legal authorisation is received.