Wrestling Australia Ltd is commencing athlete forums, to increase transparency and communication between athletes and the Board.
The first session will focus on the Commonwealth Games 2022. All athletes and coaches that are interested in aspects of the 2022 Commonwealth Games are encouraged to attend the forum.
The first session will be held on Saturday 18th September at 6pm AEST.
HP manager Brett Cash will run the discussion and the following topics will be discussed:
- Explain the current CGA and WAL endorsed nomination criteria
- Long list and requirements
- Commonwealth Championship Selection events- details, rough costing
- Contingency plans due to COVID-19 restrictions (requirement to enter original selection event.)
- Announce National Coaches (if a decision has been finalised)
- Announce the members on the nomination panel (dependent on appointment of National Coaches)
- Any requirements for athletes wishing to be eligible for nomination
The forum will be open to current members wishing to qualify for 2022 Commonwealth Games. To ensure accuracy of information athletes are requested to submit questions before the event, or, write down their questions in the discussion during the presentation. All relevant questions will be addressed.
Please forward questions with Subject line HP Q & A: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for the meeting details, you will need to register in advance to attend the forum.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Sep 18, 2021 18:00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.